Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Shanghai
Compare vs. KAYAK |
Good to know
|January||Cheapest month to stay with an average 23% drop in price.|
|June||Most expensive month to stay with an average 257% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|₪435||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|₪453||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
Top tips for finding the perfect Shanghai hotel
- For those looking to immerse themselves in the buzz of Shanghai city centre, hotels on the Bund are an attractive prospect, offering easy access to the waterfront’s many shops, bars and restaurants.
- For a Shanghai hotel with an edgy, modern vibe, try The Waterhouse at South Bund, a boutique hotel housed within a former concrete dock house.
- Hotels in Shanghai near the Bund frequently come with a price tag. Those looking to save money will find cheaper options downtown, west of the Huangpu river.
- The Old City is an atmospheric haven of narrow streets, botanical gardens, and Buddhist temples, with a range of hostels, guesthouses and budget hotels.
- Business travellers often choose to stay in the dynamic district of Pudong, on the eastern banks of the Huangpu river. For service worthy of 5 stars, look to international giants like the Doubletree by Hilton or the Sheraton Grand Hotel.
- Good mid-price hotel options in Pudong include the Dorsett and Grand Mercure, which are both located near Shanghai Century Park and within a 15-minute walk of Shanghai International Convention Centre.
- Fashionistas searching for stylish digs will relish the chance to stay in Shanghai’s colonial-style French Concession, a chic area famed for its cafes, shops and tree-lined boulevards.
- Jing-an (called the Paris of the East) is another major draw for shopping addicts, with luxury and boutique-style hotels centred around West Nanjing Road.
- Guests travelling with family or as part of a group will find a range of fully serviced apartments such as the De Kong Apartment Hotel in Pudong, which features an on-site restaurant, games room, and free parking.
- Facilities at the Rayfont Celebrity Hotel Apartment in Xuhui, near the leafy French Concession, include a gym, swimming pool and tennis courts.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Shanghai
Are hotels in Shanghai safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Where to stay in Shanghai?
What are the best hotels near The Bund?
How much does a hotel cost in Shanghai?
Are there good hotels near Shanghai airport?
What are the best hotels near the Bund?
What are the best hotels near Disneyland?
Where in Shanghai can I find a hotel with a view?
What hotels in Shanghai have especially good spa services?
How much is a hotel in Shanghai for tonight?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Shanghai?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Shanghai by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Shanghai hotelsFree Wi-FiAir ConditioningCheck availabilityCheck availability
Go to map
Most recommended Shanghai hotelsShow all